Let me be part of your journey
Your two hour walking tour will focus on the city centre, one of the most historic and rapidly changing parts of Christchurch. Together we will look beyond the rubble and see the incredible history of some of our well-loved and best known landmarks. We will experience the creative layers of street art and innovation that now characterise the city and also glimpse into the Christchurch of tomorrow. Of the many activities in Christchurch, this one will leave you with a lasting impression.
Your tour route will be designed around your interests. Among some of the popular topics are:
- Our famous cathedral, and her new cardboard sibling
- The oldest market place in the city
- NZ's first purpose-built university
- Our colourful and unique shipping container mall
- Legacies of Victorian England's class system
- NZ's only surviving Edwardian theatre
- Indigenous art deco
- Large-scale post-earthquake wall murals
I will help you to discover the many photo opportunities in this fast-changing city!